Filter the tasks which have not been accepted by any user

Certified Senior Developer

Have a task report for fetching the tasks assigned to a pool of users including logged in user.

We have a requirement to filter the tasks which have not been accepted by any user.

Am using following query filter in queryProcessAnalytics()

a!queryFilter(field:"c6",operator:"is null")
where "c6" denotes the Owner of the task i.e tp!owner

But its not working as expected. The report does not return anything.

Please suggest.

OriginalPostID-217325

OriginalPostID-217325

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @vikrantb Hi, as per the results of the testing I did on Appian 16.2 with regards to your post, I have found that the operators namely 'is null','not null' and 'includes' aren't working when used in combination with a!queryProcessAnalytics(). So as per my understanding, the issue isn't about what task attributes (tp!owner/task_assignee_owner etc) we use or how the security is configured and the issues has crept in the filters. Here are a few queryFilters that aren't working in any case and in-fact driving the result-set in an unintended fashion:

a!queryFilter(field: "c8", operator: "is null")
    /*Where c8's formatting is USER_NAME */

a!queryFilter(field: "c8", operator: "not null")

/*Where c8's formatting is NORMAL_TEXT */

a!queryFilter(field: "c8", operator: "includes", value: fn!loggedInUser())

a!queryFilter(field: "c8", operator: "includes", value: "dummyuser1")
    /*Where c8's formatting is USER_NAME and dummyuser1 is an user in Appian*/

/*Where c8's formatting is NORMAL_TEXT and dummyuser1 is an user in Appian*/

For time being, I would suggest opting for the work around as suggested by @rakeshm above - but I would suggest refraining from configuring the filter in the report and make use of the queryFilter. I believe this would be the best bet for you at the moment.

Please feel free to do let us know if you do have any edge cases in mind that breaks the Task Status filter work around so that we could come up with some alternate ideas.
  • @vikrantb Hi, as per the results of the testing I did on Appian 16.2 with regards to your post, I have found that the operators namely 'is null','not null' and 'includes' aren't working when used in combination with a!queryProcessAnalytics(). So as per my understanding, the issue isn't about what task attributes (tp!owner/task_assignee_owner etc) we use or how the security is configured and the issues has crept in the filters. Here are a few queryFilters that aren't working in any case and in-fact driving the result-set in an unintended fashion:

/*Where c8's formatting is USER_NAME and dummyuser1 is an user in Appian*/

For time being, I would suggest opting for the work around as suggested by @rakeshm above - but I would suggest refraining from configuring the filter in the report and make use of the queryFilter. I believe this would be the best bet for you at the moment.

Please feel free to do let us know if you do have any edge cases in mind that breaks the Task Status filter work around so that we could come up with some alternate ideas.
Children
No Data