Login Audit Report

I Want to build a tempo report similar to the one attached in the screenshot which displays the login details of users in real time. It will derive its data from the Audit log <APPIAN_HOME>/logs/login-audit-web-api.csv . Can someone please suggest a way to achieve this. Thanks in advance

OriginalPostID-234919

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To capture real time data, we need to capture the login details as soon as some user tries to log into the Appian Instance and store that information in a database table. I am not sure if Appian exposes any such event that we can capture. Parsing the log files seems to be the best possible approach here. As the login data for all past days won't change, it makes sense to read the login-audit file once a day after the completion of that day. But if you can do with almost real time data, then parsing the current day login file after every few hours might be a viable option.
  • To capture real time data, we need to capture the login details as soon as some user tries to log into the Appian Instance and store that information in a database table. I am not sure if Appian exposes any such event that we can capture. Parsing the log files seems to be the best possible approach here. As the login data for all past days won't change, it makes sense to read the login-audit file once a day after the completion of that day. But if you can do with almost real time data, then parsing the current day login file after every few hours might be a viable option.
Children
No Data