handling query entity errors

I have a query entity rule that is pulling data from a view. Sometimes it throws the famous error: An error occurred while retrieving the data. (APNX-1-4198-000) which means the view timed out. Is there any way to handle this error to display a more friendly message to the user? Such as: Please add some more filters to the search.

OriginalPostID-247425

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We see this often as well, would be interested to hear about other practitioners experiences. In the past, I've restructured reports to fetch data in batches to get around slow views from other systems that we cannot control. I'm hoping one day we can get the old Query DB "Pause on Error = False" logic back in the Write to DS node and maybe even something similar for query functions. Error handling capability has been greatly reduced for us when switching from Query DB to Write to Datastore nodes.
  • We see this often as well, would be interested to hear about other practitioners experiences. In the past, I've restructured reports to fetch data in batches to get around slow views from other systems that we cannot control. I'm hoping one day we can get the old Query DB "Pause on Error = False" logic back in the Write to DS node and maybe even something similar for query functions. Error handling capability has been greatly reduced for us when switching from Query DB to Write to Datastore nodes.
Children
No Data