creating new instance for a processmodel from report which is created on some other process model using any of the drilldown options in report.

creating new instance for a processmodel from report which is created on some other process model using any of the drilldown options in report.The Scenario is as follows:
1. Am creating a report on process model "Schedule Maintenance" which retrieves all the AssetID's ready for maintenance.
2.So the report consists of multiple rows with AssetIds, Plancodes as a columns.
3.The data for assetid and plancode will be obtained from the Schedule Maintenance.
4.Now apart from these 2 columns i want to include 3rd column which should resembles as a link "Create Job Order".
5.So when ever i click on CreateJobOrder it should launch createjoborder processmodel and it should send the corresponding AssetId as well as plancode information to CreatejobOrder processmodel.

OriginalPostID-57800

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Is this a a one time activity or will the Create Job Order be invoked multiple times? If this is a multiple time invoked activity, then you can add a process launcher channel on the dashboard of the Schedule Maintenance process and allow job order creation from there by passing the required parameters. If you want this to be done only from a report, then you would have to add a quick to your Schedule Maintenance process and then connect the quick task to the Create Job Order subprocess. Whenever the quick task completes, a job order gets created. To make the quick task available on the report as a column, you can use intuitive URL like this,
    SERVER:PORT/.../prepareTaskDetails.simplepopup
  • Its 1 time activity and we need the functionality from report only.How to get TaskId dynamically to use in URL??
    I have tried by creating quick task in ScheduleMaintenance plan and assigned to processinitiator and included this in report using custom url drill down and the url used is intuitive url which you specified. In the URL the quick task id i used is the TaskId which it shows in documentation. So after doing all this i tried to click on quicktask column,it is showing the following error "There was a problem retrieving the task. The process containing this task has been deleted".But i verfied the quick task is active in Processdetails. Its taking me to MyTasks so in mytasks as quicktasks will not br there i think it is giving that error.I tried to create a Quicktask report but its allowing to create this for instances only instead of for Process.Please help to achieve this functionality.
  • You have to use Get Quick Task ID shared component to get the quick task id. It allows you to get the quick task id by using the description.