59503 - no subject - Hello,\nI have an "Execute Task Report".

Hello,
I have an "Execute Task Report". During the process, I am checking the output variables of the Report, and depending on some functions, I change their values in the report so that they are no longer visible there. But because I don't know the exact value of the output rows in the Report, i am using a loop for the the report to be re-executed enough times until all the data is read. To be more clear, I re-execute the report n-times*25-rows. But, for example, if the process doesn't change any of the momentary read output variables from the report, then the report won't be changed at all, so the next time the loop re-executes the report, it will read the same data over and over again... (infinite loop). I am not using "Execute Report with Multiple Filters", and because I already have one filter in my Report, I can not add another one to filter the passed rows.
Please give me a solution or some kind of advice.
Thanks in advance. BR...

OriginalPostID-59503

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Looping through a report may not be an efficient way to address your issue. What you may want to do is create an additional column in your report which will be combination of multiple columns that you need to filter by (for e.g. if you want to filter by name and department, you can concatinate both) and use the 'like' operator along with '*' in order to make the single column filter behave as multi column filter. Give this a shot and let me know if this addresses your issue.
  • Looping through a report may not be an efficient way to address your issue. What you may want to do is create an additional column in your report which will be combination of multiple columns that you need to filter by (for e.g. if you want to filter by name and department, you can concatinate both) and use the 'like' operator along with '*' in order to make the single column filter behave as multi column filter. Give this a shot and let me know if this addresses your issue.
Children
No Data