Is it not possible to display drop-down filters on reports that use one of the chart view formats?

Is it not possible to display drop-down filters on reports that use one of the chart view formats? I have drop-down filters defined in the report itself, but they are currently only showing when the view is defined as table....

OriginalPostID-59929

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Sure it's possible to create a dropdown field that filters the results of a chart. Just create a dropdown field above a chart and save the selection value into a local variable. Then, use the value in that variable as the filter in your chart.

I'm not sure if we have a recipe for it in the documentation, but it's pretty straightforward - I'd suggest giving it a shot and letting us know if you have problems.

Also just a general suggestion - I'd highly recommend creating new posts instead of commenting on very old posts. Appian was very different 9 years ago, so the capabilities that we had then are pretty unrecognizable compared to where the platform is now.

Children
No Data