110111 - no subject - We have process model PM1 , and we have

Certified Lead Developer
We have process model PM1 , and we have instances of this process model on running on production.we also have 2 process reports which are built on this process model.each instance of PM1 has appian group associated with it (viewer right) so that valid group only be able to see this instance in report.
Now we have requirement to create report which will contain all the instances of PM1 and all the user(user from all groups ) should be able to see this report.
can anyone give suggestion on this....

OriginalPostID-110111

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Reports display information based on the security role map of the process instance; the security of the report cannot override the security of the process instance.

I can think of two options:

1. Create a process model that will execute this report using the Execute Process Report Smart Service using an assignment of type "Run as whoever designed this model" and publishing the model as an Administrator forum.appian.com/.../Execute_Process_Report_Smart_Service then expose this information in a separate report or export the data to Excel using any of the Excel Shared Components vailable for download here in Appian Forum under the "Shared Components" record (forum.appian.com/.../all) and deliver it to the end-user

2. Or update the security of the process instances using the Modify Process Security. I don't think you really want to do this since I am assuming the original security you put in place was for a reason so overriding permanently may not be a feasible approach.
  • Reports display information based on the security role map of the process instance; the security of the report cannot override the security of the process instance.

I can think of two options:

1. Create a process model that will execute this report using the Execute Process Report Smart Service using an assignment of type "Run as whoever designed this model" and publishing the model as an Administrator forum.appian.com/.../Execute_Process_Report_Smart_Service then expose this information in a separate report or export the data to Excel using any of the Excel Shared Components vailable for download here in Appian Forum under the "Shared Components" record (forum.appian.com/.../all) and deliver it to the end-user

2. Or update the security of the process instances using the Modify Process Security. I don't think you really want to do this since I am assuming the original security you put in place was for a reason so overriding permanently may not be a feasible approach.
Children
No Data