129568 - no subject - Hi,\nI want to generate Excel document i

Hi,
I want to generate Excel document in process and open it. Is that possible (I mean I am able to generate Excel file but don't know how to open it)?
The process should be run by Tempo user - he/she clicks on button or link which starts the process that at the end opens te document for the user.
Please advise....

OriginalPostID-129568

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Stefank791,
    Do I understand correctly that you are proposing to design a process that will generate the file in one step and present a form to the user with a link to generated report? If that is your answer than let me confirm that I am aware of this. But my question was a bit different: I want to run a process (via button or link) and as a result I will get opened Excel with the data.
    I am saying that I want to run a process but actually if that's the right way how to do this. Maybe it's not possible to do this via process and I would need to use some code in SAIL? Please advise.
    The most important is to be able to click only once and then the report pops up (not to click twice: one to run "process/link" and then click the link to open generated file).
  • Hi Stefank791,
    Do I understand correctly that you are proposing to design a process that will generate the file in one step and present a form to the user with a link to generated report? If that is your answer than let me confirm that I am aware of this. But my question was a bit different: I want to run a process (via button or link) and as a result I will get opened Excel with the data.
    I am saying that I want to run a process but actually if that's the right way how to do this. Maybe it's not possible to do this via process and I would need to use some code in SAIL? Please advise.
    The most important is to be able to click only once and then the report pops up (not to click twice: one to run "process/link" and then click the link to open generated file).
Children
No Data