140244 - no subject - It seems I can't expose the certain data

It seems I can't expose the certain data in a portal report and I'm not sure if it is me or not. So I have an existing tasks portal report which works just fine. I've added a new column to this report and am trying to expose is the some additional data which is buried inside a process variable. This process variable is a CDT. In this report I access other columns of this CDT and no problem. For example in the Data tab of other working columns I do the following:

index(pv!MyCDT,"Field1",-1)

..and the report spits out the data for Field1 with no problems. The wrinkle in my new column seems to be that this particular column I am now trying to expose is a CDT array, that is: MyCDT.CDTFieldList.FieldA, where CDTFieldList is a CDT as an array and FieldA is a single-valued boolean. A little gnarly but not unheard of. Ultimately I want need to check to see if any values of the FieldA are true but I can't even get that far. When I attempt to set up an expression i...

OriginalPostID-140244

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • That's an interesting problem. Have you tried displaying the list of "FieldA" values in the report? You may be able to find the limitations by trying to display the whole CDTFieldList, then display a single field of the CDTFieldList, then display the whole CDTFieldList.FieldA, then one value (such as the first value) of CDTFieldList.FieldA. This isn't a solution to the problem, but an approach like this might help in debugging exactly how far the portal report is able to "dig" in.
  • That's an interesting problem. Have you tried displaying the list of "FieldA" values in the report? You may be able to find the limitations by trying to display the whole CDTFieldList, then display a single field of the CDTFieldList, then display the whole CDTFieldList.FieldA, then one value (such as the first value) of CDTFieldList.FieldA. This isn't a solution to the problem, but an approach like this might help in debugging exactly how far the portal report is able to "dig" in.
Children
No Data