151529 - no subject - Hi,\n\nAnybody has a clue as to why, whe

Hi,

Anybody has a clue as to why, when used for a task report column, the expression below blanks all column values?

if(isnull(pv!avgResponseTime), Completion(), todecimal(Completion()) - todecimal(pv!avgResponseTime[1]))

Changing the expression to

if(isnull(pv!avgResponseTime), Completion(), todecimal(1) - todecimal(pv!avgResponseTime[1]))

Gives the correct results. Thanks.

OriginalPostID-151529

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • From my experience I could say that isnull function won't work on the array variables in the report. Instead I would recommend to use length function. Few might think that using length function in case of null valued variable results in an error, but in portal report it executes perfectly. Actually in your case, isnull always returns false.

As you are saying that it isn't working on non Multiple type variable, this is some thing which should be given thought of. I didn't use this till now, but I would get back to you if I get leads. Just aimed at adding a suggestion in case of null check on array variable.
  • From my experience I could say that isnull function won't work on the array variables in the report. Instead I would recommend to use length function. Few might think that using length function in case of null valued variable results in an error, but in portal report it executes perfectly. Actually in your case, isnull always returns false.

As you are saying that it isn't working on non Multiple type variable, this is some thing which should be given thought of. I didn't use this till now, but I would get back to you if I get leads. Just aimed at adding a suggestion in case of null check on array variable.
Children
No Data