The 7.9 SAIL Receipe: Display Data with CDT Fields from a Record in a Grid

The 7.9 SAIL Receipe: Display Data with CDT Fields from a Record in a Grid
forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

says "Let's use the process-backed record from the Records Tutorial. ", but the Records Tutorial doesn't use a CDT.

And the resulting SAIL Code below doesn't work when I adapt to a Record using a CDT.

How do you adapt this approach, for that matter anything produced by the Report Builder to a CDT?

Thanks,
Gregg

load(
local!pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(
startIndex: 1,
batchSize: 20,
sort: a!sortInfo(
field: "expenseItem",
ascending: true
)
),
with(
local!datasubset: queryrecord(
cons!EXPENSE_REPORT_RECORD,
a!query(
selection: a!querySelection(columns: {
a!queryColumn(field: "expenseItem"),
a!queryColumn(field: "expenseAmount"),
a!queryColumn(field: "pp.initiator", alias: "initiator")

OriginalPostID-152536

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As I mentioned, the SAIL recipe does use a CDT. That CDT is called 'pp'. I can confirm that the approach described in this recipe does work for other CDTs. You can adapt this for use with other CDTs by replacing 'pp' with the name of the process variable that is a CDT and 'initiator' with the name of the field in the CDT that you want to return. You can then reference this in other elements using the alias, as shown in the recipe.
  • As I mentioned, the SAIL recipe does use a CDT. That CDT is called 'pp'. I can confirm that the approach described in this recipe does work for other CDTs. You can adapt this for use with other CDTs by replacing 'pp' with the name of the process variable that is a CDT and 'initiator' with the name of the field in the CDT that you want to return. You can then reference this in other elements using the alias, as shown in the recipe.
Children
No Data