160647 - no subject - Hi All,\n\nI'm new to Appian and I'm hav

Hi All,

I'm new to Appian and I'm having an issue with grouping. I want to be able to select a start and end date (date picker) and then group the data by day, week, and month (radio buttons).

I'm hoping to be able to do this via the timestamp which is in the format 2015-08-07 11:23:12

Can someone please advise on a way to approach this?

Thanks

Paul

OriginalPostID-160647

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I'm starting with a few assumptions: I'm assuming that you're using a!queryEntity() and that you're using a!queryAggregation() inside it. If this is the case, then you won't be able to group by day/week/month based on the timestamp field.
    My recommendation is to create a SQL View for the data. You can create a view to include the relevant columns from your table as well as calculated columns for day, week, and month. Then if you create a cdt to map to your view and use a!queryEntity on that cdt, you will be able to aggregate on the day/week/month fields.
    If you decide to set up your data this way, then you should be able to follow this SAIL Recipe for the start/end date filters and aggregation: forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html
  • Hi lakshmim,

I have created a new report view and split the columns into day,week,month, and year as you suggested however i'm having trouble getting it to function with my radio buttons. i'm getting the following error

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs.

Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!queryAggregationColumn [line 67]: The a!queryAggregationColumn function has an invalid value for the “aggregationFunction” parameter. When “isGrouping” is null or false, “aggregationFunction” must not be null or empty.

I have inserted the following query. Can you advise what 'm doing wrong?

a!queryAggregationColumn(
    field: "DayPart",
    isGrouping: if(
    rule!APN_isEmpty(
    local!groupByFilter
    ),
    {},
    a!queryFilter(
    local!groupByFilter = "Day",
    True(),
    False()
    )
    )
    ),

Thanks

Paul
  • Also the rule in the query is defined like this

if(fn!isnull(ri!array),true(),length(ri!array)=0)

Thanks