162859 - no subject - Hi,\n\nI'm trying to create a report so

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report so that I have the ability to select a business process (from a selectable grid) with all the related columns and export this into an excel document. However although I have the export functionality working the select functionality doesn't seem to be working and instead the entire data set is being passed over.

Can someone please advise? I have attached what I have done so far

Thanks

Paul

OriginalPostID-162859

selection grid config

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @paulr That's correct because wherecontains() can act only on same data types. Perform explicit type casting using cast() function. For example, let's say you are searching for a set of integer values (whose data type is 'Any Type') in an integer array. Then you should use wherecontains as follows:
    wherecontains(tointeger(),).

To the best of my knowledge, we should always be aware of the data types of the data that we pass as inputs to a function and should be explicitly type casting them (when Appian doesn't perform a implicit type casting) on need basis.
  • @paulr That's correct because wherecontains() can act only on same data types. Perform explicit type casting using cast() function. For example, let's say you are searching for a set of integer values (whose data type is 'Any Type') in an integer array. Then you should use wherecontains as follows:
    wherecontains(tointeger(),).

To the best of my knowledge, we should always be aware of the data types of the data that we pass as inputs to a function and should be explicitly type casting them (when Appian doesn't perform a implicit type casting) on need basis.
Children
No Data