178621 - no subject - Hi All,\n\nI'm having an issue where I a

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where I am initiating the export to excel plugin via a tempo report. Some of the datasubsets that are getting exported are rather large (100 + rows) and take some time for the process model to complete. However in my tempo report when I click the export button the link to the document appears almost instantly with an expression rule to find the correct document name. This is done before the process model creating the document has actually finished. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to handle this?

Thanks

Paul

OriginalPostID-178621

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If I understand your question correctly, I would suggest you to not only depend on generated document name but also search documents based on a unique combination of name. For example, loggedinuser() + timestamp. So you have to create a new document each time user generates an export and each one with a unique name. One option for assigning a unique name for each document is to pass loggedinuser() and timestamp(and whatever attributes you think that make up uniqueness for ex 'type of export') to the process model that generates this document. And when you search for the generated document from within the interface, you have to look for that specific document matching with a specific name. All of this set up wont yield good results unless you have refresh button on form clicking upon which it will search again for that doc and there by enables a download link on form for example. We generally employ a common architecture that also contains a database table which contains doc id, user who initiated export, process id, doc generation status etc.. Though this setup may cause extra overhead but works great when doc generations take much time and when there are more parallel docs being generated at same time. Hope that clarifies !
  • If I understand your question correctly, I would suggest you to not only depend on generated document name but also search documents based on a unique combination of name. For example, loggedinuser() + timestamp. So you have to create a new document each time user generates an export and each one with a unique name. One option for assigning a unique name for each document is to pass loggedinuser() and timestamp(and whatever attributes you think that make up uniqueness for ex 'type of export') to the process model that generates this document. And when you search for the generated document from within the interface, you have to look for that specific document matching with a specific name. All of this set up wont yield good results unless you have refresh button on form clicking upon which it will search again for that doc and there by enables a download link on form for example. We generally employ a common architecture that also contains a database table which contains doc id, user who initiated export, process id, doc generation status etc.. Though this setup may cause extra overhead but works great when doc generations take much time and when there are more parallel docs being generated at same time. Hope that clarifies !
Children
No Data