187473 - no subject - Hi,\n\nI have created a Oracle SQL view

Hi,

I have created a Oracle SQL view and one of the column is a difference of date and time, the data type shown in the view description is of Interval Day To Second. Now what is the corresponding type I have to give while creating the custom data type in Appian. I would be using this column for calculating the Average, aggregation function [AVG] in a!queryEntity works for data types [[Number (Integer), Number (Decimal), Interval (Day to Second)]].

Thanks,
Madhu

OriginalPostID-187473

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Mahdubindu, Looking at the scenario, I believe the source dates are defined as TIMESTAMP due to which the difference column is formulated as INTERVAL. if you are not going to deal with the timezones then we have two options to update source date columns as DATE so that the difference comes as NUMBER or use an explicit conversion (to_number) to get the value as NUMBER and you can map it as a xsd:decimal while mapping in XSD.
  • Hi Mahdubindu, Looking at the scenario, I believe the source dates are defined as TIMESTAMP due to which the difference column is formulated as INTERVAL. if you are not going to deal with the timezones then we have two options to update source date columns as DATE so that the difference comes as NUMBER or use an explicit conversion (to_number) to get the value as NUMBER and you can map it as a xsd:decimal while mapping in XSD.
Children
No Data