In my application environment I have usernames which are mapped to display as full names

Hi,
In my application environment I have usernames which are mapped to display as full names ex: login id/username: abcd is displayed everywhere as "firstname lastname". I am trying to build a process report and one of the column needed is assigned to user, here I am trying to display the username, however it displays the user full name. If I try using user() function, it gives a incorrect and inconsistent value for each process instance. ex: actual user - abcd, displayed on report as xyz

I have tried using user() function as well, however Appian does not allow the use of plugins in the process report data setup. I have also tried passing it to a rule as an argument

Have anyone faced a similar issue and found a way out? Request your inputs
Thank you in advance
--Himanshu

OriginalPostID-200044

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @himanshun I am not sure as to how the wrong values are displayed when you are making use of the user() function. To the best of my knowledge, fn!user() won't work at all in the Process Reports, because it belongs to 'Scripting Functions' category which isn't of use in Process Reports. Even using an expression rule also shouldn't do the job as per my knowledge.

As your requirement is to display a combination of first name and last name rather than a full name, fn!touser() as documented at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/Conversion_Functions.html#touser.28.29 should do the job, kind of a hack, which works only for this use-case. Hope this will be of help to you.
  • @himanshun I am not sure as to how the wrong values are displayed when you are making use of the user() function. To the best of my knowledge, fn!user() won't work at all in the Process Reports, because it belongs to 'Scripting Functions' category which isn't of use in Process Reports. Even using an expression rule also shouldn't do the job as per my knowledge.

As your requirement is to display a combination of first name and last name rather than a full name, fn!touser() as documented at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/Conversion_Functions.html#touser.28.29 should do the job, kind of a hack, which works only for this use-case. Hope this will be of help to you.
Children
No Data