In my application environment I have usernames which are mapped to display as full names

Hi,
In my application environment I have usernames which are mapped to display as full names ex: login id/username: abcd is displayed everywhere as "firstname lastname". I am trying to build a process report and one of the column needed is assigned to user, here I am trying to display the username, however it displays the user full name. If I try using user() function, it gives a incorrect and inconsistent value for each process instance. ex: actual user - abcd, displayed on report as xyz

I have tried using user() function as well, however Appian does not allow the use of plugins in the process report data setup. I have also tried passing it to a rule as an argument

Have anyone faced a similar issue and found a way out? Request your inputs
Thank you in advance
--Himanshu

OriginalPostID-200044

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would like to comment on suggestions made by @stefanh and @csteward as follows:

With regards to the approach mentioned by @stefanh, that's the ideal way how it should be done and it holds good when a process report isn't needed by end users at all and we need only a Tempo Report. If the Process Report is also equally important, that is, if you are surfacing it to the end users, touser() can satisfy this particular usecase.

With regards to approach mentioned by @csteward, it might not hold good at times, especially in case of data(which keeps on changing without form submission) such as tp!assignees, tp!owner etc.

Feel free to add your points, as the above ones were out of my experiences.
  • I would like to comment on suggestions made by @stefanh and @csteward as follows:

With regards to the approach mentioned by @stefanh, that's the ideal way how it should be done and it holds good when a process report isn't needed by end users at all and we need only a Tempo Report. If the Process Report is also equally important, that is, if you are surfacing it to the end users, touser() can satisfy this particular usecase.

With regards to approach mentioned by @csteward, it might not hold good at times, especially in case of data(which keeps on changing without form submission) such as tp!assignees, tp!owner etc.

Feel free to add your points, as the above ones were out of my experiences.
Children
No Data