I have a problem with showing the proper info in a portal report that shows all the active tasks.

Hi,
I have a problem with showing the proper info in a portal report that shows all the active tasks. The problem is when the task is assigned to a group. At that point, the task is not shown to who it's assigned. A have created a rule to solve this issue:

=if(find("Group", tostring(ri!user)) <>0, getdistinctusers(ri!user), ri!user)

This rule works fine when tested as a rule (it expects an array of users or groups, and returns all the distinctive users that are specified + the users that are in the specified groups).
But when I use this rule in the report, it doesn't work - it shows a null value to whom the task is assigned.
That is my first problem.

My second problem is within my process model. I am trying to filter the report (from above) according to the user who started the process using the "Execute Process Report" node.
Here is how the "Additional Filter" is defined:
Assigned To =pv!requestor

When the task read from the report is assigned to a si...

OriginalPostID-204603

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi bojanb,
    Regarding your second problem wherein you are not able to bring in the report entries where the task assignees can be multiple, this is how you can handle

In the portal report itself under the column assigness, you can apply the joinarray function to append the array with semicoln(;) to have a single string followed by appending ";" in the last, ie
    =joinarray(pv!Assigness,";") & ";"

Now in the process model when you are using Execute process report smart node to read the above report in the additional filter section, while you are passing the requestor name (which in you case in the user who intiated the process) before passing that pv! in this additional filter section, in the script task modify this pv to: ";" & pv!requestor & ";" and use the result of this in your Value field of the additional filter.

This way lets say your assignees in report have value B;BC;CD;DE;
    and your requestor is B then value you will be passing is B; which using 'LIKE' operator will return true and will bring that row in the process back.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi bojanb,
    Regarding your second problem wherein you are not able to bring in the report entries where the task assignees can be multiple, this is how you can handle

In the portal report itself under the column assigness, you can apply the joinarray function to append the array with semicoln(;) to have a single string followed by appending ";" in the last, ie
    =joinarray(pv!Assigness,";") & ";"

Now in the process model when you are using Execute process report smart node to read the above report in the additional filter section, while you are passing the requestor name (which in you case in the user who intiated the process) before passing that pv! in this additional filter section, in the script task modify this pv to: ";" & pv!requestor & ";" and use the result of this in your Value field of the additional filter.

This way lets say your assignees in report have value B;BC;CD;DE;
    and your requestor is B then value you will be passing is B; which using 'LIKE' operator will return true and will bring that row in the process back.

Hope this helps.
Children
No Data