I have a problem with showing the proper info in a portal report that shows all the active tasks.

Hi,
I have a problem with showing the proper info in a portal report that shows all the active tasks. The problem is when the task is assigned to a group. At that point, the task is not shown to who it's assigned. A have created a rule to solve this issue:

=if(find("Group", tostring(ri!user)) <>0, getdistinctusers(ri!user), ri!user)

This rule works fine when tested as a rule (it expects an array of users or groups, and returns all the distinctive users that are specified + the users that are in the specified groups).
But when I use this rule in the report, it doesn't work - it shows a null value to whom the task is assigned.
That is my first problem.

My second problem is within my process model. I am trying to filter the report (from above) according to the user who started the process using the "Execute Process Report" node.
Here is how the "Additional Filter" is defined:
Assigned To =pv!requestor

When the task read from the report is assigned to a si...

OriginalPostID-204603

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @bojanb Hi, I have attached a code snippet which you can actually start playing with. It aids you with the capability of querying the tasks where the user is directly part of (assigned to user directly) or indirectly part of(as you know already, when the user is a part of the group, he/she will be assignee when the group is assigned a task) or when the user is assigned the task along with other users or groups. To the best of my knowledge, this resolves your second problem. Please feel free to let us know in case if you have any follow up questions.

With regards to your first problem, I don't think you can surface the users from a group in the portal report. But let me still explore the possibility mean while.
  • @bojanb Hi, I have attached a code snippet which you can actually start playing with. It aids you with the capability of querying the tasks where the user is directly part of (assigned to user directly) or indirectly part of(as you know already, when the user is a part of the group, he/she will be assignee when the group is assigned a task) or when the user is assigned the task along with other users or groups. To the best of my knowledge, this resolves your second problem. Please feel free to let us know in case if you have any follow up questions.

With regards to your first problem, I don't think you can surface the users from a group in the portal report. But let me still explore the possibility mean while.
Children
No Data