with reference to my earlier posts

with reference to my earlier posts
forum.appian.com/.../e-213114
I am still not able to come to a conclusion or not able to figure out the root cause for this, Let me explain u the scenario
I have a main process(MP) model and 7 subprocesses(SP) in which all the 7 SPs have the same pv called empdetails CDT which is single.
1.Created a Task report having EMP ID as one column(value : empdetails_cdt.empID)with Context as MP and include SPs as "Yes".
2.at this time I couldn't get the values for some records in the report for emp ID.
3.rather I could see some multiple values like 123;123;123;(No Value) in the Emp ID column for some records
4.I tried changing the report context to All 7 sub processes and changed the include subprocess to "No".
5.Now what happened the values are present for all the records and the value is single which is 123
Scenario 2:
1. with the same report I added as Main process mode...

OriginalPostID-214102

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @harshav There isn't a problem with the usage of employeedetails_cdt[1].empId but I would personally recommended proceeding with usage of index() or property(). The beauty of the portal report is that, there wouldn't be any breakage if there is an error in the evaluation of the expression, except that you will see null values because of the failure in the evaluation of the rule. Also stay away from using union() if possible, as it might bring null values into picture which is not desired by you(and off-course it needs additional processing to remove null values) as per my understanding of the use-case here.

Just to let you know, there wouldn't be a problem as per my quick tests but you will find a null value when the PV isn't yet populated. So in this case, you can assign a default value such as -1 (using index() or property()) and skip those rows from processing by applying the filters appropriately.

Finally I would like to suggest to replicate the issue which you want to fix in production environment so that you can move ahead confidently.
  • @harshav There isn't a problem with the usage of employeedetails_cdt[1].empId but I would personally recommended proceeding with usage of index() or property(). The beauty of the portal report is that, there wouldn't be any breakage if there is an error in the evaluation of the expression, except that you will see null values because of the failure in the evaluation of the rule. Also stay away from using union() if possible, as it might bring null values into picture which is not desired by you(and off-course it needs additional processing to remove null values) as per my understanding of the use-case here.

Just to let you know, there wouldn't be a problem as per my quick tests but you will find a null value when the PV isn't yet populated. So in this case, you can assign a default value such as -1 (using index() or property()) and skip those rows from processing by applying the filters appropriately.

Finally I would like to suggest to replicate the issue which you want to fix in production environment so that you can move ahead confidently.
Children
No Data