Task Reassignment Reporting

Any creative ideas on how to report on an active task to see if it has been 1) reassigned more than once, 2) reassigned by a user not in the original assignee group?

OriginalPostID-239038

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @peterh, as said by @sikhivahans, there is no direct way to capture the "Reassign" event.
    But, I have an alternate workaround. Events like "Reassignment", "Active", "Assigned" or "Cancelled" of a task can be tracked in the process history.
    1.) To check if the task was reassigned more than once:
    You will need to filter the process history for Task Events, and again filter based on task Id. Check for "Reassigned" events. Then you can tell if the task was reassigned more than once.
    2.) Reassigned by a user not in the original assignee group:
    From the process history, you can find the event when the task was first "assigned", and find the associated task assignees - these will be the original assignees. Then you can compare those with the current assignees of the task(assuming the task is in Active state currently).

The solution I am suggesting will however need you to create a custom plugin - which may take a considerable time to create.
  • @peterh, as said by @sikhivahans, there is no direct way to capture the "Reassign" event.
    But, I have an alternate workaround. Events like "Reassignment", "Active", "Assigned" or "Cancelled" of a task can be tracked in the process history.
    1.) To check if the task was reassigned more than once:
    You will need to filter the process history for Task Events, and again filter based on task Id. Check for "Reassigned" events. Then you can tell if the task was reassigned more than once.
    2.) Reassigned by a user not in the original assignee group:
    From the process history, you can find the event when the task was first "assigned", and find the associated task assignees - these will be the original assignees. Then you can compare those with the current assignees of the task(assuming the task is in Active state currently).

The solution I am suggesting will however need you to create a custom plugin - which may take a considerable time to create.
Children
No Data