Multiple Filtering

Hi All,

In Appian 7.6, Can I apply multiple filters based on groups in a report ? I tried and it was allowing only one group to be filter.

Regards,
Rohan

OriginalPostID-240317

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @rohandhondilalk If the data type of the PV(or the value configured in the column) is 'User or Group', you may do as follows:

Add a new column(by name 'isTeamNameEqualsGroup1') which will have the following definition:

=fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(pv!TeamName),fn!false(),fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName)),fn!false(),fn!tointeger(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName))=cons!GROUP_1))

If the data type of the PV(or the value configured in the column) is 'Group', you may do as follows:

Add a new column(by name 'isTeamNameEqualsGroup1') which will have the following definition:

=fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(pv!TeamName),fn!false(),fn!tointeger(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName))=cons!GROUP_1)

In the filters, add a new filter as follows: isTeamNameEqualsGroup1 = true.

If you want multiple conditions to be checked, configure the column with an array of conditional statements surrounded by fn!and() or fn!or().

If the data type of PV is Text, I am not sure how we can do it, as the Scripting Functions(mentioned at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.3/Appian_Functions.html) won't work in Portal Reports. For instance, you might not be able to find a group by group name by using fn!getgroupbyname() or group name from group. So I believe it's better to maintain either a Group object or Group Id or User object or User Id rather than a Group Name, formatted User Name or a variable that holds Group Name or User Name.
  • @rohandhondilalk If the data type of the PV(or the value configured in the column) is 'User or Group', you may do as follows:

=fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(pv!TeamName),fn!false(),fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName)),fn!false(),fn!tointeger(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName))=cons!GROUP_1))

If the data type of the PV(or the value configured in the column) is 'Group', you may do as follows:

=fn!if(rule!APN_isBlank(pv!TeamName),fn!false(),fn!tointeger(fn!togroup(pv!TeamName))=cons!GROUP_1)

In the filters, add a new filter as follows: isTeamNameEqualsGroup1 = true.

If you want multiple conditions to be checked, configure the column with an array of conditional statements surrounded by fn!and() or fn!or().

If the data type of PV is Text, I am not sure how we can do it, as the Scripting Functions(mentioned at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.3/Appian_Functions.html) won't work in Portal Reports. For instance, you might not be able to find a group by group name by using fn!getgroupbyname() or group name from group. So I believe it's better to maintain either a Group object or Group Id or User object or User Id rather than a Group Name, formatted User Name or a variable that holds Group Name or User Name.
Children
No Data