Appian RPA On-Premise

Hello,

According to the last webinar Appian RPA is available on cloud, but it is available on premise too?

Regards,

Hernán

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Short answer, if I'm not mistaken, is that the bots are on a Cloud, and only on a Cloud.  Nowhere else but a Cloud.  However, you can order them to interact with your application which is housed on-prem, if you want to.  You don't need to be on the cloud, but the bots do.

So you need to decide if you're comfortable transmitting data to bots that live on a cloud from your on-prem implementation before considering Appian RPA.

Do I have it completely wrong?

• Hi David,

You are right Appian RPA is only available as a Feature of Appian Cloud. if a customer is currently using Appian on-prem and they want to use Appian's new RPA capabilities then they have two options:

1. They can migrate to Appian Cloud 

2. They can set up a new Cloud Instance of Appian and build their RPA processes there. They can then connect their on-prem instance to their new cloud instance to benefit from the RPA capabilities. 

However, I want to clarify where the bots run. The Appian RPA robots mimic user actions to automate manual work. As such, every robotic process requires access to applications that need to be automated and bots access these applications just like a user would access them using a computer. The bot can run on Windows or Linux machines and typically these machines are set up as virtual machines. These virtual machines can be on-prem or they can be in hosted in AWS, or other cloud services providers. The VMs are not part of Appian Cloud.

• Hi David,

You are right Appian RPA is only available as a Feature of Appian Cloud. if a customer is currently using Appian on-prem and they want to use Appian's new RPA capabilities then they have two options:

1. They can migrate to Appian Cloud 

2. They can set up a new Cloud Instance of Appian and build their RPA processes there. They can then connect their on-prem instance to their new cloud instance to benefit from the RPA capabilities. 

However, I want to clarify where the bots run. The Appian RPA robots mimic user actions to automate manual work. As such, every robotic process requires access to applications that need to be automated and bots access these applications just like a user would access them using a computer. The bot can run on Windows or Linux machines and typically these machines are set up as virtual machines. These virtual machines can be on-prem or they can be in hosted in AWS, or other cloud services providers. The VMs are not part of Appian Cloud.

Children