Logout from Appian using browser component is not working

Good Day Expert,

I'm currently trying to fill the form in Appian site using Appian RPA. i'm successfully able to login by ID or Xpath but when i tried to logout i  couldn't do even though i tried all the methods (xpath or ID or class element ).

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kalai.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'd need some more details about the problem. You're sure about the ID and the Xpath of the WebElement, right?
    The problem you have is that the robot does not find the element, or it finds it but there is some problem when clicking?
    The problem may be that the element is in another frame. Check this FAQ from the documentation, where it is explained how to change the frame using the method frameSetNavigation()

• I'd need some more details about the problem. You're sure about the ID and the Xpath of the WebElement, right?
    The problem you have is that the robot does not find the element, or it finds it but there is some problem when clicking?
    The problem may be that the element is in another frame. Check this FAQ from the documentation, where it is explained how to change the frame using the method frameSetNavigation()

Children
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your response. ID/Xpath of the web element is taking to UserProfileLayout class. There there is no ID/Xpath for signout button. 

Its not about robot. By Manual inspection also i couldn't find out the element.

Please let me know if you need more details on this.

Cheers,

Kalai.

• Hi kalaivanank,

To find out this element with Chrome Developer Tool, you need to check the option 'Emulate a focused page' in Settings - > Preferences and then you can inspect it without it hiding.

As you say, that button has no ID or name, but you could use the full XPATH:

/html/body/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div/nav/div[3]/div/div/div[2]/div/div[3]/button

You can test if it works in the console tab in Chrome Developer Tool:

$x("/html/body/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div/nav/div[3]/div/div/div[2]/div/div[3]/button")

I hope this helps you.

• Hi Irene,

Thanks for your response and Apologies for the very late repose. By enabling the Emulate a focused page, I'm able to get the  X Path, but unfortunately When I provide this X Path on Browser interaction, bot is not able to find the X Path, its going till max re-try (60) then its throwing exception. 

I've tried Image Recognition option to capture the logout button still no luck. 

Can anyone please help me on these 2 methods ?

Cheers,

Kalai.

• Hi ,

Based on xpath you mentions it's absolute XPATH, generally absolute xpath won't work when application html source  is dynamic (i.e. changes in every login). Try to use the relative xpath or CSS value, in case developer tool not giving you the relative xpath then u can try writing custom xpath also (as xpath has so many functions to deal with dynamic elements where no attributes is present on the element).

You can also try to record the session with Selenium IDE and then see the selectors it is spying.

And please check that particular button is under any frame or not as in that case u need to first switch to the frame, then access that element.

Regards,

Mukesh