How to delete the Queues or clear the items in the queue in RPA(programmatically)

Hi there,

I have a requirement where we will be creating the queue of items for the bot to perform some operations. Once bot complete's the execution we are expected to delete the queues (which was created).Please let me know if you need more details on this.

Appreciate your help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Queues and items cannot be deleted programmatically.
    Once all the items are processed, and the queue is closed, the result of the queue processing remains in the system, and it can be reviewed.

• Hi David, In my case, I am expecting around 1 lakhs records in the queue every day and the customer does not want his data to be stored in the queue post the completion of the process. Please advise me on any solution to this scenario.

Deleting the items in the queue manually will not be possible as the project does not have any support resources. Please advise me.

• The use of queues is recommended for:

• Ease to sequential processing of items by several different robots.
    • Robustness and transparency when distributing workload between different instances of a single robot.
    • A centralized point of visualization of the results of the processing of said items by all the robots involved.

If you don't need the persistence of the data in the queue, and  your automation is a single robotic process, maybe you don't need to use queues in this case. 

Your process, instead of inserting the item in the queue first, and then processing it, can process the item directly. 

• The use of queues is recommended for:

• Ease to sequential processing of items by several different robots.
    • Robustness and transparency when distributing workload between different instances of a single robot.
    • A centralized point of visualization of the results of the processing of said items by all the robots involved.

If you don't need the persistence of the data in the queue, and  your automation is a single robotic process, maybe you don't need to use queues in this case. 

Your process, instead of inserting the item in the queue first, and then processing it, can process the item directly. 

Children
No Data