Can I call a Appian process model if one robot fails?

Hi, I'm trying to register the robot fail on my Appian Application, there is a way to call a process when robot fail, eg. whe start managedExecption method?

Thank you very much!

Antonio

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Antonio,

ManagedException method could be use.  Even though this method ends throwing an exception, and hence, indicating that we want our robot to end, the methods cleanUp could be another option.

The Appian RPA platform will always call this method, regardless of the result of the robot's execution, that is, whether it has ended without errors or it has failed throwing some exception. It is a good moment to perform operations such as closing the applications that the robot has opened or, above all, sending the files that have been generated during the execution to the server.

I Hope this help...

Jesus

• Thanks Jesus, you actually answered me in the other question as well, I could put in the cleanup the call to the WebApi to get the information about the robot failure back up to a process. Or can I also call the WebApi in the manage exception method?

• +1
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Antonio Lamanna

Hello Antonio,

The method manageException is going to be executed anytime an action of the robot throws an exception, you can manage the exception and continue with the workflow in the action that you need or you can abort the execution. I think that would be the best time to register the robot fail.

The cleanUp method is always going to be executed as the last method of the robot, it is used as a way to reset the resource to a "clean" state closing all the applications opened by the robot, releasing resources, etc. This method is going to be executed regardless if an exception is been thrown or not. So if you decide to register the failure here you should use a flag, established in the manageException, to determine if the cleanup method is been executed after a failure or as the last method of a normal execution.

Thanks

Reply Children
No Data