Filling Appian Form Fields with a bot

Certified Lead Developer

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a use case where a bot needs to fill in an Appian Form from a Site. I have used browser low code module to achieve this. However I see an issue while choosing a value from dropdown field. I have been using XPATH to fill in the form fields and it works in all the use cases except for dropdowns. Below is the options I have chosen

Selector: XPATH

Interaction: Select dropdown choice by visible text

Looks like the a!dropdownField() is not recognized as a dropdown by the RPA browser module's select dropdown by index/visible text. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks,

Arjun.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

For anyone who might come across the same problem, there is a solution from a different post which I would like to highlight as a solution here as well.

• If you are using chrome browser, please enable Emulate a focused page under Rendering in Developer Tools. Check how to do this here
    • Once this is done, any hidden tag and its associated XPATH can be identified. we can use this XPATH and configure it as click on element

However, this doesn't help us choose a value dynamically unless we know the order of the element in the dropdown list and generate XPATH dynamically. In my use case, I have the value coming from Excel and I need to click based on visible text. If there is a better solution, please suggest the same.

Thanks,
    Arjun.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

For anyone who might come across the same problem, there is a solution from a different post which I would like to highlight as a solution here as well.

• If you are using chrome browser, please enable Emulate a focused page under Rendering in Developer Tools. Check how to do this here
    • Once this is done, any hidden tag and its associated XPATH can be identified. we can use this XPATH and configure it as click on element

However, this doesn't help us choose a value dynamically unless we know the order of the element in the dropdown list and generate XPATH dynamically. In my use case, I have the value coming from Excel and I need to click based on visible text. If there is a better solution, please suggest the same.

Thanks,
    Arjun.

Children