Image recognition

I am performing image recognition which is provided by RPA learning path, but in that it is not showing me result of image addition i.e 13.

For referencePDF

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• To help, you'll need to provide some more details. What step are you stuck on and what are you expecting?

• It is regarding image recognition I store image of 8,+,5,= so as per pdf it should be excused in calculator and answer would be 13 but it is not executing and that why I am not able to complete this lesson

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to amrutah0001

I'm having a similar issue, I've really been struggling to get the RPA process to recognise the buttons based on the support images. I've tried changing the pixel precision and sometimes it recognises 8 and 5 but then uses the divide button instead of the add button. I've tried zooming in when creating the support images as well as including a reasonable border around them but nothing seems to work consistently

in reply to Gavin Hume

I have previously built a POC for Image Recognition where it searched for a shortcut on my desktop and opened the document and that worked fine (even if I moved the shortcut) and continues to work but I was trying to complete all the RPA tutorials to make sure I hadn't missed anything important

in reply to Gavin Hume

The Execution Log just shows

[WARN] 2021-08-11 10:07:50 05s (0h) - Image not found

But the screenshot taken before the steps clearly shows that Calculator is open and visible (I added a step to show the desktop before starting Calculator)

in reply to Gavin Hume

I finally managed to get this to work by keeping the Pixel Tolerance when locating the images to Exact Match but setting the Color Tolerance to Medium (5%) for the numbers and Very High (15%) for the operators. I have no idea why that might have been necessary as the images were captured on the same resource as the process was run on.

• Hi Gavin, Have you tried searching for other kinds of images? Also, are you searching full screen or part of the screen? I have been facing issue in my bot too. I have tried with small and big images. I think I would also have to test every possible way to see what works.

You have to take the screenshot clearly then only bot will reconize the image correctly

• Hi  

1. Variable Setup:

• Create a variable named "calculator result."
    2. Open Calculator Application:

• In the "Open Application" activity:
        • Set the executable name to "calc.exe."
        • Use "Find by Window Title" and set the expected window title to "Calculator."
    3. Create a Support Image:

• Manually open the calculator in the Appian RPA agent.
      • From the Appian RPA agent menu in the taskbar, select "Create Support Image."
    4. Support Image Marking:

• Mark the new image for the number 8, save the image, rename it, and click "Save Image."
      • Repeat this process for the "+" icon, saving images accordingly.
      • Similarly, save images for values you know, like 5 and "=".
    5. Configure Windows:

• For the "Eight" configuration window:

• Select "Full Screen" in the search section.
        • Set the max wait time to 2 seconds.
        • Choose "Exact Match" for pixel and color tolerance.
        • Enable mouse actions.
        • For the location image, select "Throw Exception if Not Found."
        • After completion, set "Wait Before Executing Next Actions" to 4 seconds.
      • For the "Plus" configuration window:

• Set "Don't Wait" for wait time.
        • Choose "Exact Match" for pixel and color tolerance.
        • Enable mouse actions.
        • For the location image, select "Throw Exception if Not Found."
      • Repeat the same configuration process for the "Five" value.

6. Keyboard Shortcuts:

• Use the "Press Keyboard Shortcuts" activity.
        • Change the display name to "Copy the Result."
        • In modifier keys, select "Ctrl."
        • In additional keys, select "Characters" and provide "c."
        • In interaction, select "Press and Release Keys."
    7. Get Clipboard Value:

• Use the "Get Clipboard Value" activity.
        • In the configuration output section:
          • Select "Is Stored As" in the dropdown.
          • In the target, provide the variable created, i.e., "calculator result."
          • After completion, select the "Take a screenshot" option.

Follow these steps carefully, and you should obtain the correct result.
    Follow these screenshots for a better understanding.