Workflow Customization

A Score Level 1

I'm newbie to RPA and MVN.

Not sure I fully understand the workflow when working with JAVA outside of RPA.

It is my understanding that once the robot is created an export is being downloaded to my machine which 

I can customized and deploy using "mvn clear deploy" command. 

However, if I make changes to the robot on the Appian side in the workflow editor, how do these changes get reflected in

my project ? Is there similar pull/checkout command ? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Java within Appian RPA is a tool you can use along with the other low-code methods. When updating Java methods and doing 'mvn clean deploy' you are just updating methods the robot can call if you specify it to. On the workflow, click a generic action (blue square) and you should see your java methods along with low-code methods. 

Separately, is there a reason you need Java at all?

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Danny Verb

Lets assume I want to run and debug robot's code locally (outside of RPA). 

How can I get the JAVA source code of the robot (which was developed using low-code in the RPA console)  ?

Then... apply changes and deploy it back and continue working on it in the RPA console.

I am aware of MVN deploy, which to my best understanding performs behind the scene git push command, 

so I am missing the equivalent of git pull or git checkout to obtain the latest version of the source code

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Danny Verb

Lets assume I want to run and debug robot's code locally (outside of RPA). 

How can I get the JAVA source code of the robot (which was developed using low-code in the RPA console)  ?

Then... apply changes and deploy it back and continue working on it in the RPA console.

I am aware of MVN deploy, which to my best understanding performs behind the scene git push command, 

so I am missing the equivalent of git pull or git checkout to obtain the latest version of the source code

Children
No Data