Bot not able to recognize Image

I'm trying to create Image Recognition Bot using Low Code module but it is unable to search the image. I have tried with multiple images and with different configurations. Has anyone successfully searched the image?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Aparajita,

I have used this falcon module or low code module in few bots and all are working fine as of now. 

Things to remember when using image automation:

- Your application opened by bot has to be in foreground when image automation action is getting executed.

-  Image captured via Appian Agent needs to be places in correct server path.

- Image captured in machine has to be of same resolution with the machine bot is running.

- If the image captured is unique in screen than you can reduce the tolerance and offset. Only if image is captured is not unique then try to have higher tolerance and offset or any other approach.

Regards,

Mukesh

Children
  • Thank you for the detailed answer Mukesh! However, I was already using all the correct settings and the only thing pending was setting the right tolerance values. I tried the defaults in low code module but it was unable to recognize. When I moved to Falcon module, the bot recognized after setting both tolerances to .25 (as mentioned in my comment above). I think if I use the same value in low code, it should work. Just needs a lot of testing.

This reply would be really helpful for people who are new to Appian RPA.