How to block notifications poping up in Chrome

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to tell the Chrome browser to allow or block notifications while using it with RPA?

In Selenium/Java  I would use something like this:

ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();

options.AddUserProfilePreference("profile.default_content_setting_values.notifications",2); /* or 1 depending if I want to block or allow notifications */

IWebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);

Best regards!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Danny,

I appreciate your advice. I did that already because it was mentioned in the documentation.

One of Appian support engineers told me to try to select the image (if possible) so the pixel in the top left corner of the image has a colour that is different than the colour of the background. This is because searching for image starts by comparing the colour of this pixel to the colour of the pixels of the area we are searching in.

The initial image had white pixel in top left corner and most of the website background was white so this is probably why the initial search was so slow. It would be great if this advice is written in the documentation (better phrased than what I wrote, of course).

I changed the image so the top left pixel is blue and now I have recognition times mostly less than half of a second which is good.

Unfortunately I still can't "click" on a button I found, at least not in a first try, but I'll open another thread for this issue.

Children
No Data