Internet Explorer Cant find Element

Certified Associate Developer

I am having a problem where the RPA bot cannot find the element I want it to interact with. 

this is the exception message

[WARN] 2021-11-10 21:27:27 14s (0h) - Inside LoginWM catch : Exception:org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: Unable to find element with xpath == //input[@name='userID']
For documentation on this error, please visit: www.seleniumhq.org/.../no_such_element.html
Build info: version: 'unknown', revision: 'unknown', time: 'unknown'
System info: host: 'vwapndv010', ip: '10.188.216.27', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: internet explorer, browserVersion: 11, javascriptEnabled: true, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: WINDOWS, platformName: WINDOWS, proxy: Proxy(), se:ieOptions: {browserAttachTimeout: 0, elementScrollBehavior: 0, enablePersistentHover: false, ie.browserCommandLineSwitches: , ie.edgechromium: false, ie.edgepath: , ie.ensureCleanSession: false, ie.fileUploadDialogTimeout: 3000, ie.forceCreateProcessApi: false, ignoreProtectedModeSettings: false, ignoreZoomSetting: false, initialBrowserUrl: http://vwq9wmsqa7/wmweb/, nativeEvents: true, requireWindowFocus: true}, setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify}
Session ID: 7bbd1d4d-6979-47ed-a2e5-bf3decbfdff7
*** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=//input[@name='userID']}

Could it be a problem with the driver? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Saeed,

If possible can u open your application in chrome and use Appian RPA task recorder to record all actions. Then you can run those scrapped code in IE or any supported browser Appian. And still if you are facing issue then check that application page is getting loaded successfully or not before performing any actions (i.e. Suggestion you can use Wait for attribute just before that wait for that element to get displayed or enabled before any interaction with it). 

Regards,
    Mukesh 

• Hi Saeed,

If possible can u open your application in chrome and use Appian RPA task recorder to record all actions. Then you can run those scrapped code in IE or any supported browser Appian. And still if you are facing issue then check that application page is getting loaded successfully or not before performing any actions (i.e. Suggestion you can use Wait for attribute just before that wait for that element to get displayed or enabled before any interaction with it). 

Regards,
    Mukesh 

Children
No Data