RPA Bot Status

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

How Can I fetch the status of RPA Bot weather it is online or offline or something else because I want to create an Interface where I have show the Show the status of RPA Bot and based on the status I have to perform some further actions . 

Thanks in Advanced

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The simplest way we've found so far is to have the bot call an Appian Process Model to save a status to a DB.  Then, in the SAIL of your main application, you can have a query grab rows from that table every 30 seconds, or whenever user mashes a "Refresh" button.  So, when you don't get any rows, bot hasn't started yet.  Once rows come in, they should show what step the bot just completed, assuming it started the next one.  In our design, the last thing the bot did before shutting down was send off one last status update saying it was done with everything.

Certified Lead Developer

The simplest way we've found so far is to have the bot call an Appian Process Model to save a status to a DB.  Then, in the SAIL of your main application, you can have a query grab rows from that table every 30 seconds, or whenever user mashes a "Refresh" button.  So, when you don't get any rows, bot hasn't started yet.  Once rows come in, they should show what step the bot just completed, assuming it started the next one.  In our design, the last thing the bot did before shutting down was send off one last status update saying it was done with everything.

Children