RPA Agent not stable.

Certified Associate Developer

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to schedule a task i.e to activate RPA agent from the server on each day when server comes online, I have used task scheduler to trigger the agent but its not being stable as it is activating and deactivating the next minute, which is leading all the RPA processes to be in queued. Please update with any solution. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

Hi Nishav001,

Could you please tell me which task scheduler are you using? Also  Could you tell me how you are  (steps) starting and stopping the agent on the resource ?

Thanks

Jesus

in reply to Jesus Perez

Hi Jesus, I am using Windows task scheduler to trigger the agent, also the steps are -1.creating a task 2. triggering the agent on a schedule with specific time 3. actions performed like giving the agent folder path. 

Requirement -                                                                           

Used the option "run whether the user is logged on or off" and scheduled at a particular date and time.

in reply to nishav0001

Hi  Nishav,

Please verify that at the moment of executing the task there is no other agent running or active. If you launch the agent again, you will have at least two agents running at the same time and you will have the behavior you describe "activating and deactivating the next minute"

One of the things you could do is create another task that stops the agent when you think you don't need it, so you can guarantee that no other agent exists when you run the task.

If you are using Windows Scheduler you can create a powershell script with the following command: taskkill /IM javaw.exe /F (as far as I understand there is no stop command in the agent)

in reply to nishav0001

Hi  Nishav,

Please verify that at the moment of executing the task there is no other agent running or active. If you launch the agent again, you will have at least two agents running at the same time and you will have the behavior you describe "activating and deactivating the next minute"

One of the things you could do is create another task that stops the agent when you think you don't need it, so you can guarantee that no other agent exists when you run the task.

If you are using Windows Scheduler you can create a powershell script with the following command: taskkill /IM javaw.exe /F (as far as I understand there is no stop command in the agent)

Children
No Data