RPA Upload Document Error code APNX-1-4530-023

I created and RPA to upload a document(CSV File) from a Virtual Machine to Appian.  Everything works fine when I run the RPA manually, ie select execute from the robotic process.  However when  the RPA runs as part of my process model,  I get the following error.

[ERROR] 2022-11-14 17:55:06 - - Error code APNX-1-4530-023 with message "The document cannot be uploaded because the storage limit exceeded, you do not have privilege or the document name is not unique." found for resource /api/v1/uploadDoc
[WARN] 2022-11-14 17:55:06 - - Method manageException invoked

I'm sure it must be some security setting in my Process model, but I can't figure it out.  Any ideas?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

Please fallow or confirm these steps:(Update the folder security)

a. Select the folder you want to upload the file in appian.

b. Click Security.

c. Uncheck the Inherit security from parent configuration.

d. Click Add Users or Groups.

e. Add your service account as an Editor. Example:

Your service account:

in your Security folder:

f. Click SAVE CHANGES

Try that, and please let me know.

Jesus

• Thanks Jesus. 

I tried this suggestion and it may have fixed part of the problem. 

After I made the changes, the APNX-1-4530-023 error went away, but the Document Upload kept failing.  When I checked the log, it just had a generic failure associated with it, see below:

[STAT] 2022-11-15 16:26:07 01m 19s (0h) - <ACTION_START> - Start action 'appian->uploadDocument' - 'Upload document' // dur: - - avg: - etc:
    [WARN] 2022-11-15 16:26:07 01m 20s (0h) - Method manageException invoked
    [ERROR] 2022-11-15 16:26:07 01m 20s (0h) - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

The way I was able to finally get it to work was to put the "List Contents" and "Upload Document" into its own Robotic Process, and then call that process as a sub-process within the main RPA.