RPA can't find/detect calculator app

Certified Associate Developer

I am taking the Appian Automation (Senior Developers) course and I am on the step Tutorial: Automate Windows Applications (RPA).

The task recorder doesn't recognize the calculator app even though the shortcut is listed in the start menu. What can I do to get the task recorder to recognize the calculator so I can use that app?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Caleb:

Please, could you provide me your windows version?

Additionally, could you open manually the calculator app and verify if now the app is available in the "CURRENTLY OPENED" apps lists? 

in reply to David Catalan

Windows version is 64 bit. When I open the calculator app it is listed in the "currently open" apps list. I can record actions in the app that way. I don't remember the calculator app being available in the "currently open" apps list yesterday, but it is today. So I think this issue is resolved.

On a separate note, the instructions for this RPA exercise seem to be for Windows 7 and don't actually work for Windows 10 because of differences between the versions of calculator apps. Not sure if that is relevant for you or if that feedback should go to the Appian University content curators.

Thanks for you help

in reply to David Catalan

Windows version is 64 bit. When I open the calculator app it is listed in the "currently open" apps list. I can record actions in the app that way. I don't remember the calculator app being available in the "currently open" apps list yesterday, but it is today. So I think this issue is resolved.

On a separate note, the instructions for this RPA exercise seem to be for Windows 7 and don't actually work for Windows 10 because of differences between the versions of calculator apps. Not sure if that is relevant for you or if that feedback should go to the Appian University content curators.

Thanks for you help

Children
No Data