RPA not able to identify dropdown component

Certified Senior Developer

When I am trying to fill a dropdown component in an Appian form using Appian RPA I am getting the following error in execution log of the RPA 

The element (By.xpath: /html/body/div[1]/div[1]/main/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div[2]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div/div[1]/div/div[2]/div/div/span) could not be interacted with because the component is currently disabled or hidden.

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi:

A couple of additional suggestions.

Did you try to interact with the dropdown using "Select dropdown choice by visible text" interaction?. This interaction performs the action directly against the whole dropdown web element ( https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/23.1/rpa-8.9/modules/browser-module.html#interact-with-element )

On the other side, I am not clear if you used the Appian Task Recorder to record the interaction. If not, could you try it? The Appian Task Recorder creates directly the"Select dropdown choice by visible text"  interaction. Additionally, I think that the selector suggested by the Appian Task Recorder is more accurate that the xpath selector you included in the case. 

I add below an example of how I recorded the action in the Appian Task Recorder, and how the action was generated on the List Flow 

Finally, if the website you are automating is public, I would appreciate if you could indicate the URL to try to help you better.

Children