How to specify files for RPA “Open or create workbook (License not required)”

I get an excel file with the process model and store it in "pv!copyTemplateExcel".

I specify it in "Open or create workbook(License not required)".

But I get an error saying "[Document:10814]" cannot be opened because it does not exist.

Could you please tell me the solution?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

Hi  
    So basically what "Open or create workbook (License not required)” action does is open an excel workbook which is present in the host system where the agent is active. Since the excel you are trying to open is a file you have on your Appian cloud, the parameter you are passing will fail, The input you need to provide is the file path in your host system.
    So as Stefan said, you need to make sure the excel you are receiving should be downloaded into a file path of your choice before your use "Open or create workbook (License not required)” action.
    Hope this helps!!

Certified Associate Developer

Hi  
    So basically what "Open or create workbook (License not required)” action does is open an excel workbook which is present in the host system where the agent is active. Since the excel you are trying to open is a file you have on your Appian cloud, the parameter you are passing will fail, The input you need to provide is the file path in your host system.
    So as Stefan said, you need to make sure the excel you are receiving should be downloaded into a file path of your choice before your use "Open or create workbook (License not required)” action.
    Hope this helps!!

Children
No Data