RPA for Automated Testing - Clear Value Not Removing Previous Text During Edit Test - Just Adding New Text After Original Text - Appian 24.1 version

We are currently using Appian 24.1 version. I am testing out RPA as an option for automated testing and when I use the Interact with Element the Clear Value option is not working. Any suggestions?  I want to remove the original text with entirely new data and not just add to it when using the Update Value option.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • I forgot to mention I was working in Firefox. In Firefox ctrl+A opened the Manage Your Plug In page so I switched to Chrome and when I did the update value option worked without shortcuts by removing the original value and replacing it.

In Firefox I had tried ctrl+A before ctrl+alt+left and it didn't work.  Only by using ctrl+alt+left did the background turn dark blue indicating selection. Of course I might have done something wrong but both methods didn't work in Firefox for me.

I am going to report possible bugs for Firefox for update vale not clearing original data and clear value not working.