Unable to load/Edit interface - Will not open expression editor pane.

Hi, one of my interfaces is extremely slow to load in designer. It takes almost a minute. I am not sure what is causing it to run so slowly and now when I try to open the Performance View or the expression editor I get the "Working" Notification but no progress is made. I am unable to get into the expression editor to make any changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-------------------Solved For Now--------------------------

I corrupted the view that the interface was pulling data from. The error allowed the interface to be opened and edited.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    As per my understanding, I think you are having a rule (Either QueryEntity, or a QueryRule) which pulls the Data from view, and you might be using this rule inside interface. So can you execute that rule separately instead of directly using through Interface, so that we can conclude, is the Interface performing slow, or the the QueryEntity/QueryRule, if this rule also takes much time to execute and return the response, then try to do batching and pull limited rows as per the requirement as also has mention. If after batching also its working slow, and taking huge time to return the response then i suggest, try checking the View, does that view contain some complex query/logics which gets evaluated for each single row return by it. But if the QueryRule/QueryEntity is returning the response from View quickly, then only there might be some issue in your interface.

So i suggest perform these test cases to conclude where exactly the problem is(whether in Interface, QueryEntity/QueryRule or inside View), so that we can quickly resolve this
  • Yes, your response best sums up the problem. I was using apply(rule!queryView) which was very slow and could have been sped up by limiting the batch size. But I was able to amend the view to include the data that I needed in the interface.

Thanks All for the support.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Ben Hulet
    Happy to hear that your problem has been resolved.
Reply Children
No Data