Have form "remember" uploaded file when returning to user input node in process model

I have a "file upload" component in a form. It is marked as "required" and destination is set as "New File". I have another numeric field that needs to have a value greater than zero. Upon submit, the numeric value is checked in an XOR gate after the form. If the validation fails, I return to the form. Unfortunately, upon return, the uploaded file is gone. The user is forced to upload one more time. If the form has multiple validations like this, user may be forced to upload the file several times. To make bad thing worse, each upload actually creates a new file since that was the initial setting.

Is there any way for the system to realize the user has already uploaded the file (i.e. similar to default feature in other component)? Are there other ways of handling this? I can only think of javascript validation on the form; which we are trying to avoid as best practice....

OriginalPostID-77291

OriginalPostID-77291

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Two options I could think of,
    1.Keep the file upload field in hidable section.
    While returing back,if the file was upoaded then show the file using html display function and hide the section that contains the file upload field.
    2. While returning back,in a message field display the uploaded files.Also show the file upload field to upload any other new files. If they want to remove the already uploaded file, we can provide the check box to remove the specified file.
  • Two options I could think of,
    1.Keep the file upload field in hidable section.
    While returing back,if the file was upoaded then show the file using html display function and hide the section that contains the file upload field.
    2. While returning back,in a message field display the uploaded files.Also show the file upload field to upload any other new files. If they want to remove the already uploaded file, we can provide the check box to remove the specified file.
Children
No Data