Desktop v/s Mobile choice for designing interfaces

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I m a newbie in APPIAN. I went through the course and understood that we need to decide whether the Interface will be worked on Desktop or Mobile as it will impact the design. 

If I want the Interface UI to be worked on Mobile as well as Desktop then how can the same be achieved ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Appian interfaces when designed correctly should work on both desktop and mobile at the same time. Interfaces should be constructed so that the single column layout of a mobile device will still make sense but, most good two-column designs will satisfy this requirement.

If you are having trouble with them working on all platforms, take a look at the Appian best practices for interface design to get some ideas on how to restructure your layouts.
  • I agree that Appian will render correctly no matter what device you view it on, but the question has some merit. You do have to think about your use case actors and where the bulk of their work occurs. I do approach the interface design differently if there is no web usage whatsoever vs. infrequent mobile use, especially around main landing pages, where a rich, dense design may make sense on the web, it may cause the user to scroll a lot on a mobile device.
  • I agree that Appian will render correctly no matter what device you view it on, but the question has some merit. You do have to think about your use case actors and where the bulk of their work occurs. I do approach the interface design differently if there is no web usage whatsoever vs. infrequent mobile use, especially around main landing pages, where a rich, dense design may make sense on the web, it may cause the user to scroll a lot on a mobile device.
Children