New Mobile Appian Drive Use Case

I think it would be neat if a user on their mobile device could go into their email attachments or pictures, then send the file to the Appian Mobile app. Like users do with lots of cloud drive apps. Maybe even start an action and or have it saved to a folder for an action or task.

Here is a youtube video but when the author says "google drive" think "appian app": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-UVnSozOUs

If you like this idea please make sure to put in a support ticket :)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If the user is in their email then why not just have them send an email with the file and have Appian pick it up. That is definitely possible, and easier to implement. Another way this can be done is with the document upload component on any form.
  • If the user is in their email then why not just have them send an email with the file and have Appian pick it up
    - that is what we are doing currently. Not very user friendly when the process email address must be copied and pasted into a forward. It must be copied and pasted as to make sure the correct process picks up the the correct attachements

Another way this can be done is with the document upload component on any form.
    - not possible. Lots of enterprises prevent use of icloud or box accounts which is required by the upload form in a mobile device. so in this case only fileshares from citrix apps are available. I have wrapped the appian app for citrix use but appian app does not support the citrix fileshare app.

• If the user is in their email then why not just have them send an email with the file and have Appian pick it up
    - that is what we are doing currently. Not very user friendly when the process email address must be copied and pasted into a forward. It must be copied and pasted as to make sure the correct process picks up the the correct attachements

Another way this can be done is with the document upload component on any form.
    - not possible. Lots of enterprises prevent use of icloud or box accounts which is required by the upload form in a mobile device. so in this case only fileshares from citrix apps are available. I have wrapped the appian app for citrix use but appian app does not support the citrix fileshare app.

Children
No Data