How to display a popup window on click of a link in form?

I have a user input task, where the user will click on a link which will show a new popup window with the help instructions. Can it be done? please let me know how it can be done?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  •   The feature you are talking about is called modal window in some technologies and it's not viable in Appian by any means for the moment(at least till 17.1).

In case if you are using SAIL and the architecture is DB record centric I would suggest refraining from doing any fancy things such as quick tasks as they will introduce a deviation in the already established architecture. Also, quick task keeps the process active which is not really recommended just for sake of instructions and more over it just takes you to another task rather than coming in a pop-up.

I would suggest educating the end users about what's doable and what's not in Appian.

•   The feature you are talking about is called modal window in some technologies and it's not viable in Appian by any means for the moment(at least till 17.1).

In case if you are using SAIL and the architecture is DB record centric I would suggest refraining from doing any fancy things such as quick tasks as they will introduce a deviation in the already established architecture. Also, quick task keeps the process active which is not really recommended just for sake of instructions and more over it just takes you to another task rather than coming in a pop-up.

I would suggest educating the end users about what's doable and what's not in Appian.

Children
No Data