Auto Generated Field in Appian Interface/Form

Hi,

I have 2 question for the community.

(1) Is it possible to create a field in form (say id) which can auto populates its value in sequence ?

I have a form and i want to generate one ID field which user can see only on creating a new record and it should auto populate like 1,2,3,4 etc each time when someone creates a new record.

Is it possible to do in Appian forms?

(2) Can i create dynamic forms in Appian ? I have one dropdown column. Based on the value of the Dropdown field can i create other box ?

For ex- If in one dropdown i have values 1,2 if user selects 1 then in next dropdown only A,B values should come and if user selects 2 then C,D value should appear as option in next dropdown.

Is it possible to do in Appian forms ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1. I just wanted to confirm when you say "creating a new record..", are you referring to an additional row within a grid while on a form or something else?

2. Yes, this is possible. One possible solution that comes to mind for this is to create an expression rule for the 2nd dropdown (both for the choiceValues & choiceLabels that will stay in sync) that will use certain labels & associating values based on the value from the 1st dropdown.

-----Example Below----

1st dropdown could have any of the following values selected: 1, 2, 3

2nd dropdown will reference expression rules (that uses choose() function) for its labels & values.

choose(ri!firstDropdownIndexValue,

{A, B, C},
    {D, E, F},
    {G, H, I}

)

-----End of Example------

You can use arrays of literal values (like I did above) or constants if you think the values in the 2nd dropdown will not change that often.
  • 1. I just wanted to confirm when you say "creating a new record..", are you referring to an additional row within a grid while on a form or something else?

2. Yes, this is possible. One possible solution that comes to mind for this is to create an expression rule for the 2nd dropdown (both for the choiceValues & choiceLabels that will stay in sync) that will use certain labels & associating values based on the value from the 1st dropdown.

-----Example Below----

1st dropdown could have any of the following values selected: 1, 2, 3

2nd dropdown will reference expression rules (that uses choose() function) for its labels & values.

choose(ri!firstDropdownIndexValue,

{A, B, C},
    {D, E, F},
    {G, H, I}

)

-----End of Example------

You can use arrays of literal values (like I did above) or constants if you think the values in the 2nd dropdown will not change that often.
Children