Auto Generated Field in Appian Interface/Form

Hi,

I have 2 question for the community.

(1) Is it possible to create a field in form (say id) which can auto populates its value in sequence ?

I have a form and i want to generate one ID field which user can see only on creating a new record and it should auto populate like 1,2,3,4 etc each time when someone creates a new record.

Is it possible to do in Appian forms?

(2) Can i create dynamic forms in Appian ? I have one dropdown column. Based on the value of the Dropdown field can i create other box ?

For ex- If in one dropdown i have values 1,2 if user selects 1 then in next dropdown only A,B values should come and if user selects 2 then C,D value should appear as option in next dropdown.

Is it possible to do in Appian forms ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi , as per my understanding, yes, you can query the DB on load of an Interface and then increase the Value by 1, but when it's the case of Concurrency, i think it's gonna to push you into trouble.

I do not understand, why do you want to show the Auto Generated id (i.e. 1,2,3,4 etc..) to the End User, because i don't think, this is going to help the End user from any perspective, don't know why exactly you want to show this to end user.

If it is about Auto generated Reference Number to show to End User, then i suggest Create a Rule to generate one Auto generated Reference number, which will contain some Characters appended with Date, Month, Year, Hour, Minute, Second, Millisecond , which will give you a unique Auto generated Value for each user (While working in Concurrency as well) and the Same you can persist into DB against that user into an another column, let's say named as uniqueRefNo

for example:
    concat("REF-",text(today(), "ddMMyyyy"),hour(now()),minute(now()), second(now()), milli(now()))
  • Thank you for your valuable reply and time. I will mark it helpful or accept it as answer if it works for me.
Reply Children
No Data