How to validate user input with MS SQL Table ?

Hi Community,

I have a user input task on my site. User fills the data and the data goes into MS SQL table.

I have a field (say PR No.) in my form. I want to validate the the data entered by user in the PR filed on the fly with my table to check whether PR No. entered by user exist in my table or not ?

How can i do it ?

Thanks for your help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In your form,
    1.Write an queryentity expression rule with PR No. rule input. In query entity add a filter to fetch matchings records with the given rule input.
    2.Take local variable or rule input.
    3. Update the variable in interface either in with() or PR no. filed SaveInto by calling above expression rule(pass PR No. as input).
    4.Add validation for the filed.(If the above variable is null-no matching record found else matching record found)

Hope it will help you..!!!!
    Certified Lead Developer

In your form,
    1.Write an queryentity expression rule with PR No. rule input. In query entity add a filter to fetch matchings records with the given rule input.
    2.Take local variable or rule input.
    3. Update the variable in interface either in with() or PR no. filed SaveInto by calling above expression rule(pass PR No. as input).
    4.Add validation for the filed.(If the above variable is null-no matching record found else matching record found)

Hope it will help you..!!!!
Children