Combining form layouts

I have four different forms or user interfaces built using a!formLayout().

I want to combine them in one separate user interface as one form.

Need help with this. Thanks in advance. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can't have a form layout within another form layout, but could you rewrite the sub forms to be sections? That way you could still achieve all the same functionality but you would be able to combine the 4 separate interfaces in one single "parent" form.

I'm imagining something like this:

1. Top Level Form as formLayout()

1a. Form 1 as a sectionLayout()

4a. Form 4 as sectionLayout()

Then if you wanted to have each of the other sections used as a form you would need to make new "parent" forms for those use cases. So just have your buttons/whatever else you need on the form level, and then break fields out into sections.

• You can't have a form layout within another form layout, but could you rewrite the sub forms to be sections? That way you could still achieve all the same functionality but you would be able to combine the 4 separate interfaces in one single "parent" form.

I'm imagining something like this:

1. Top Level Form as formLayout()

1a. Form 1 as a sectionLayout()

4a. Form 4 as sectionLayout()

Then if you wanted to have each of the other sections used as a form you would need to make new "parent" forms for those use cases. So just have your buttons/whatever else you need on the form level, and then break fields out into sections.

Children
No Data