Grid with Date and Time as column. Getting error message when click sort if C=couple of rows has no data for the date and time column

I have a grid with a column called "Date Updated". Some time there may not be any data for the column.

Say example I have 10 rows and 4 rows does have value for "Date Updated".

Now If I click on "Date Updated" column to sort, I am getting error message - "The sort field must be a consistent type......."

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi i believe, if there are any chances for being the Date Updated field as Empty/null, in such case you can go for any one of following approaches for Sorting:

1. You can disable the sorting for Date updated specific column as follows: a!gridTextColumn(field: {})
    2. In case if you don't want to disable the column sorting, you can define some other column as the sorting for this such as:
    a!gridTextColumn(field: "yourPKId/anyOtherField")

I hope any one of the way may suit your requirement.
  • Can we perform sorting for each column in each page ?I have a paging grid  of batch size 10 and I have a requirement to perform sorting on all columns per each page data , currently when I click on up or don arrow data is getting sorted for all pages . but I need sorting for each page

and what is the default sorting of appian (i.e. - Arrow up sort the column at ascending order
    - Arrow down sort the column at descending order) is this right ?

• Can we perform sorting for each column in each page ?I have a paging grid  of batch size 10 and I have a requirement to perform sorting on all columns per each page data , currently when I click on up or don arrow data is getting sorted for all pages . but I need sorting for each page

and what is the default sorting of appian (i.e. - Arrow up sort the column at ascending order
    - Arrow down sort the column at descending order) is this right ?

Children
No Data