Can I put a helpToolTip on a button?

Hi everyone,

I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. Can I put a helpToolTip on a button? The tool tip would further explain what the button means.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In the case of a button, there might be something more significantly wrong with your UX if you are unable to fully explain what a button does with text that will fit in a button's label. You also have the option of using a text field above it with read only value (or Label or instructions) to help specify what the button layout below it is for. And the text will allow for a helpTooltip.

There are many, many other components that do allow for helpTooltip, so if this is a complex functionality that requires one, maybe that does beg the question whether you really need a button, or would another control wouldn't be better suited.
  • In the case of a button, there might be something more significantly wrong with your UX if you are unable to fully explain what a button does with text that will fit in a button's label. You also have the option of using a text field above it with read only value (or Label or instructions) to help specify what the button layout below it is for. And the text will allow for a helpTooltip.

There are many, many other components that do allow for helpTooltip, so if this is a complex functionality that requires one, maybe that does beg the question whether you really need a button, or would another control wouldn't be better suited.
Children
No Data